1930 - the first products were launched in the newly built flax combing factory. - the first products were released at the newly built flax combing factory.
1937 year – the spinning, weaving, finishing workshops, the units of the linen mill production first stage became fully operational. Professional technical school was opened to train qualified personnel. Since 1929 rabfak was functioned.
1940 year – Orsha textile workers manufactured almost 10 million square meters of fabric. Their production in Belarus, where handicraft home weaving flourished, immediately increased 1000 times.
May 1941– the enterprise was headed by Georgy Vasilievich Semyonov, the future Hero of Socialist Labor, Honorary Citizen of Orsha.
1941 - 1945 – the war unleashed by fascist Germany left its destructive mark on the linen mill sustained development.
July 28, 1944 – People's Commissariat of the Textile Industry issued the order № 553 on the start of restoration work.
1946 – the first post-war million square meters of linen fabrics was produced.
1950 – a summer camp for textile workers’ children is under construction.
1951 – the production of fabrics was twice the level of 1940.
1955 – the dispensary for the company employees’ health improvement was opened.
1957 – Linen Mill Palace of Culture was erected.
1961 – the second production stage of the linen mill was put into operation. Production of linen fabrics for household use began in Belarus. Jacquard weaving was mastered. An art workshop was opened, where textile designers, canvists, artists, colorists - creators of the future assortment began to work.
March 1963 –the exhibition of consumer goods of Belarusian enterprises was opened in Moscow, fabrics of Orsha textile workers were widely presented here.
June 1, 1966 – Orsha Linen Mill was honored with the highest award of the country - the Order of Lenin.
June 9, 1966 – for the first time the Day of Light Industry Workers is celebrated.
1968 – the Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the USSR A.N. Kosygin visited Orsha Linen Mill. Next time he visited the enterprise was early in 1973.
1970 –a billionth meter of fabric was produced during the post-war period in the weaving workshop of the second production stage.
1971 – the construction of “Zadneprovye-1” residential neighborhood began.
1972 – the third production stage of the linen mill was put into commercial operation.
1973 – the flax-spinning factory "Dnepr" was attached to the Linen Mill.
1979 – the collective of the Orsha Linen Mill was awarded the Diploma of the 1st degree at the Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR.
1982 – the second billion meter of linen fabric produced.
1983 – a new building of the sanatorium-preventorium of the linen mill was built.
1988 – the new management structure had been implemented. Production facilities had been reorganized into factories №1, №2 and №3 since the 1st of July.
Since August 1, 1990 Orsha Linen Mill has been operating on a lease basis in accordance with an agreement concluded with the Bellegprom concern.
1991 – construction of finishing factory began.
1994 – the third billion meter of linen fabric produced.
1995 – a special house named “Veteran” was built for lonely pensioners - former employees of the enterprise.
May 6, 1998 – the republican meeting with the participation of the President of the Republic of Belarus A.G. Lukashenko is held at the linen mill.
1998 – the linen mill was declared the winner of the “Best Exporter of the Republic of Belarus” competition.
2000 – the enterprise changed its status and became the Republican Unitary Production and Trade Enterprise "Orsha Linen Mill". Construction of a finishing factory completed.
2002 – The linen mill was awarded the “Best Exporter of the Year” diploma. The collective was awarded the same award in 2003. Export deliveries reached 83.4 percent of the total production of household fabrics.
August 2003 – President of the Republic of Belarus A.G. Lukashenko visited the new finishing factory.
2004 – the quality management system was implemented and certified for compliance with the requirements of Standard ISO 9001-2001. The linen mill became the winner of the competition for the Quality Award of the Government of the Republic of Belarus.
2005 – the flax festival is being organized with the participation of the best Belarusian fashion designers and manufacturers of linen clothes for the first time in Minsk.
2007 – The linen mill became the winner of the republican competition "The best goods of the Republic of Belarus".
2008 – a large-scale technical re-equipment of production began - the construction of a new workshop for the production of the cottonized fiber at factory № 1 and the modernization of the spinning and preparatory workshop at factory № 2.
2009 – specialized stores and branded sections for the sale of linen products, wholesale warehouse stores was opening in major cities of Belarus.
July 2009 – an advertising event "Flax Extravaganza" within the framework of the International Festival of Arts "Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk" was held for the first time.
March 5, 2010 – the President of the Republic of Belarus A.G. Lukashenko visited the linen mill. The head of state set the task to complete the technical re-equipment of the enterprise as soon as possible.
2010 – a labor protection management system (OSHMS) was introduced in accordance with the requirements of Standard 18001.
10.10.2010 – by this date, on the eve of the 80th anniversary of the linen mill, 3.5 billion square meters of finished fabrics were produced.
2011 – the reconstruction of factory № 3 began.
September 1, 2011 – a sewing factory for the production of ready-made linen clothes and home textile products was established.
December 30, 2011 – "Orsha Linen Mill" is registered as a resident of the free economic zone "Vitebsk".
March 2012 – The linen mill received an international certificate of compliance with environmental requirements of the Oeko-Tex Standart 100 for its products.
2012 – the collective of "Orsha Linen Mill" was posted on the city Honor Roll.
2013 – the enterprise was recognized as the winner of the competition for the Prize of the Government of the Republic of Belarus for achievements in the field of quality at the end of 2012.
2014 – the first stage of the next technical re-equipment was completed - the reconstruction of the factory № 3 with the expansion of the production areas of the weaving and spinning-preparatory workshops. The production facilities have been renovated by 80%.
September 19, 2014 – The President of the Republic of Belarus A.G. Lukashenko paid a working visit to the enterprise and got acquainted with the progress of modernization.
2015 – the second stage of modernization began, aimed at updating the production capacities of factory № 2.
2017 – the second stage of the factory №2 modernization ended.
The history of the Orsha Linen Mill is related to the names of its first directors - Lipchuk, Negnevitsky, Kozelev, Roditelev.
May 1941, the mill was headed by Georgy Vasilievich Semenov, who managed the plant for 30 years in total (excluding the period 1955-1956, when he was the Deputy Minister of the BSSR textile industry).
From 10 August, 1972 to 9 October, 1976, Vladimir Petrovich Lakhtin was the director of the Orsha Linen Mill.
From 10 October, 1976 to 20 January, 1988, Vasily Yakovlevich Melnikov was the general director of the enterprise.
From 22 March, 1988 to 28 March, 1996, Linen mill was headed by Georgy Georgievich Kokoreko.
From 29 March, 1996 to 21 May, 2007 Valery Konstantinovich Shatkov was the general director of the enterprise.
From 22 May, 2007 to 4 June, 2009, the enterprise was headed by Viktor Vasilyevich Gavrilenko.
5 June, 2009, Vladimir Vasilievich Nesterenko was appointed the CEO.